Image Map

Monday 30 November 2015

Tuesday's Change Week 49 - Water, Water Everywhere!

Some of you may have seen one of my first Tuesday's Change posts (Are you taking the Piss? which you can read here) about how important Hydration is on a day to day level. You can tell how hydrated you are by looking at the colour of your urine and the post goes into more detail on this. We are all different and our bodies all operate differently and so the '8 glasses of water a day' rule is good but not suitable for all.



So as 'Silly Season' is in full swing and there will be countless nights out eating bad food and drinking more booze than needed here is a great top tip to prevent that dreaded hangover the next day. This recently saved me on my first of the Christmas parties this season that I attended. There were welcome drinks, then wine at the table and then cost price booze after at the bar. It should have been a recipe for disaster. A day spent in bed eating foods in rotation of sweet and salty and eating until I feel worse (am I the only one who does this?!).



However, I went out with the intention to have a great time, dance all night with my girls and enjoy the free booze on offer without getting 'off my face' as we say in my native Cork. And I succeeded! I felt silly and giggly and danced all night without taking off my shoes (a massive achievement for me!) just by drinking a few glasses of water in between each drink. There was water at the table during the meal and I had every second glass here, then when we got to dancing I ordered two large glasses of water from the bar and left them on our table to again sip in between each wine.

All the symptoms of a hangover are due to dehydration and toxicity so you can at least try and help along the dehydration part before it even happens. It will lessen the headache, the nausea, the furry mouth and the tiredness.



I was delighted with myself the next day. It's not often I get the balance right but this time it worked! I was feeling fresh and slightly tired but no fuzzy mouth, no headache and no feeling that I needed to wear clothes that don't touch my body because everything hurts! I was able to go and enjoy brunch with friends (unlike my dear friend Mrs L who was not feeling in the best of form. We forgive her!) and make the most of my Sunday off. I still was lazy and ate too much food but I got to enjoy doing it instead of it being a necessity due to my hangover.


So that is this week's Tuesday's Change. When boozing this festive season try alternating every second drink with a glass ofwater. You will thank me in the morning!

If you want to see some of my other tips for battling the hangover then check out my other posts here:


So enjoy your nights out, treat yourself and have a good time with your friends, just like everything in life do it in moderation, do it the most healthy way possible and make use of the next day!




2 comments:

  1. So true and excellent advice! I have been gradually growing into this habit- a sure sign of growing up haha :) thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice information about evolution of Hangover Online, i think this useful post for all young age people.

    ReplyDelete