Image Map

Tuesday 13 December 2016

5 simple steps to survive a Hangover this festive season.




The Cure. We all are searching for that elusive cure to prevent the day after the night before being absolutely ruined! How many days have I spent in a stupor, glued to the couch, eating more salty snacks than is humanly possible and ruining all the good work I've done all week! I shudder to think!

But is there really a cure? Prevention is the best cure they say and in a way I have to agree. I regularly don't drink and in fact I often have as good a night out not drinking than when I do drink. I never judge someone for not drinking and support people's choice to be adults and drink if they want and don't if they don't!

I am all for having a relaxed, social time, not limiting yourself or restricting yourself, especially over the festive season. But there are lots of things you can do to ease the hangover that doesn't involve complete abstinence!



I for one can no longer drink the way I used to and so for me these preventative measures are tried and tested and get me through the next day!

All the symptoms of a hangover are either dehydration (as alcohol is a diuretic) or mild poisoning from all the sugar and alcohol. So re-hydration and detoxing is the name of the game for me. I've listed some steps here on how you can best achieve these.

1) Water Water Water!

It's not good enough to drink lots of water the next day. Start early and the day you are going to be having drinks get as much water into you as possible. This way the body will already be hydrated and can process the alcohol as it is entering your system. Trust me on this one it will make the world of difference. I usually try and drink a litre while I am getting ready.

You can read more about adequate hydration on my post HERE

2) Water Water Water!

No this isn't a typo. Number 2 is water again! That's how important it is. I find if you drink one glass of water for every one drink of alcohol throughout the night then not only will you spend less money and drink less you will feel so much better the next day! Every time you go to the bar ask for your drink and a glass of water and either drink them together or one after the other!

3) Water Water Water!

Again not a typo! Re-hydration the next morning is also key. It's all about preparation. Keep some water next to your bed for when you wake in case it is so bad that you can't leave the duvet! Do this the night before as you are getting ready to go out as let's face it 'drunk you' may not remember when you stumble in that nigh/morning!

4) Oil Pulling - Detox

Wondering why you have a fuzzy mouth when you wake up? That's those blasted toxins that your liver just couldn't handle. You need to get them out as soon as possible or you will just swallow them back down into your gut to make you feel even worse! I can honestly say I haven't had a killer hangover since I started Oil Pulling. Actually I have felt the benefits throughout my daily life, booze or no booze! This is not something to try on the morning of a hangover but something to master at least a week before. Start slow with maybe 1-2 minutes and build up each day. It is the first thing I do every morning and my skin, hair, nails, digestive system and overall health has improved so much! I go into more detail on how you do this HERE

5) Work out that Liver!

As much as moving or exercise might seem like the last thing you want to do these super detoxifying and liver boosting yoga postures will help eliminate those toxins in your system faster than you can say Cirrhosis! It should take only 10-20 minutes and it will mean you'll be able to enjoy being a couch potato so much more! You can see full pictures and descriptions HERE



So there you have it guys. 5 simple steps to ensure you don't lose a whole day of your life (if not 2!) and survive that night of merriment!

Happy Boozing my Jeanies!




3 comments:

  1. Love this! And definitely needed. I'm going to try oil pulling before the New Year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative blog. The most easiest way to prevent hangover is Armr natural detox drinks. This drink is herbal and help to prevent hangover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hangover Remedy Also Protect Liver, USC Researchers says

    Just in time for the spike in alcohol consumption that followed the statewide lock down and Easter Celebrations, researchers at USC have identified a hangover remedy that helps protect the liver in addition to staving off after effects of over indulging.

    Read More @ Hangover Remedy Also Protect Liver, USC Researchers says

    ReplyDelete